Ginapea

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Day of School

Sam had a fabulous preschool day! His first words to me upon pickup: "I rode a scooter!" And he was the only kid who had to change clothes, because he got wet on "the wet sliding board and the wet swings." He also declared that he likes the school, his teachers and his classmates, though he doesn't know anyone's name.

This morning getting ready, he talked about "when I am 5, and when I am 6" etc...then he mentioned "when I am 16." I told him he could learn to drive and he immediately got VERY VERY stressed about this. Driving..too much pressure...only 12 years to prepare...

Reminds me of when I was about 5 or 6, and obsessed with the presidents: I had a book of US presidents that I toted around. (also had a book on medical stuff, of which my favorite section was the one on skin...I can vividly remember showing this to my Aunt Debby--"this is how a scab is made"---claerly the precursor to my current life, when at a Lunch & Learn on syphilis, everyone sees the picture cards of lesions and rashes and passes them right to me...yes , this is the kind of thing we do at lunch...my workplace is not for the faint of heart) My dad was always saying I could be anything, even president...and I got really worked up about it, because I was overwhelmed by the idea of having my first day as president, and realizing---what the hell do I do now?? I was crying and worrying and stressing, and my dad reassured me by pointing out I had to wait until I was 36, so I had a lot of time to get ready.

So Sammy gets the freak gene from me. At least I let him run!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)