Ginapea

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Had a really nice New Year's Eve despite no plans....In the morning I had a wonderful breakfast with Cole....then swung bythe Y to enroll Sam is swimming and basketball for January. Later, Sam and I walked to the BMA and spent the afternoon looking at art and sketching, then came home and ate noodle soup. Sam was sooo excited about "staying up all night;" he kept asking "Is it late? Is it late??" We had a countdown to the new year at about 9:15 and, per Sam's request, went on the porch in our pajamas to shout "Happy New Year!" and bang pot lids and blow horns. Then we read his New Year's Eve book, Dumpling Soup, and another chapter of Ribsy, and Sam was sound asleep in about one minute. ( We knew he was tired when Hubby told Sam to pick out his stories, and Sam was so confused he began taking off his pajamas.)

Hubby and I watched Unfaithful, which we agreed was rather predictable and boring. However, it did elicit an interesting discussion, in which Hubby assured me he would not murder someone with whom I had an affair, but simply break his leg. I countered that I thought it was "pansy ass" to simply injure your nemesis, when doing something quiet and subtle yet life-destroying (in an emotional sense) would be much more satisfying. Fortunately this was all hypothetical!

We spent Saturday with my mother's family in Pennsylvania, at my uncle's home. Sam enjoyed playing with big cousin Matt (age 8). I talked at length to my aunt Kitty about Sam's "behavorial challenges;" she dealt with even more difficult behavior when Matt was under 5. Turns out he (along with my older cousin) has a mild case of Tourette's and improved greatly on medication. Both Tourette's and OCD are in my family, so this is definitely something to watch.

Sam woke me up early today, and I dozed off while he played--but had terrible dreams. I dreamed that a friend died, Debbi's older sons were both in the hospital due to poisonings, another friend was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and various other unpleasant events. I was quite exhausted and stressed after that mini-nap!

Happy 30th birthday, Jesse! Hope you and Katie are enjoying London!!

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Debbi said...

Yikes! If anyone in my family is going to the hospital, it should be me. I've earned the rest.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger jackie said...

The girls are taking "tiny dancers" this session at the Y and are very excited about it!

glad you had a nice night-- are you busy tomorrow (tuesday)?

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a rad time too!!

We should do it again AND YOU SHOULD COME BOWLING WITH US friday. (hint)
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)