Ginapea

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday ramblings

Happy holidays to all!

Well after Christmas yesterday, what do I have to say....

I got an ipod! I had hoped for a 2mb or maybe 4mb nano...and my dear shopping-crazy, over-the-top mother got me a 30mb with video! egads!

Sam is really, REALLY loving his Leapster L-max. He is officially a gamer. I just ordered a recharger so we can refrain from buying our weight in batteries.

Sam and I have been playing "House Party" on the Cartoon Network website. It's actually really fun...you have to explore the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, do favors, go on adventures, etc. First time I've ever played a game like this.

My house is a freakin mess. It was a mess before xmas, and now add many many boxes and a 500 pc Magnetix set and what not....ugh.

I'm on vacation! Spending a lot of time in my pajamas thus far. The only plans I have as of yet are a party tonight at Julie's and a playdate in the morning with Katie and Quinn. New Year's Eve plans are up in the air, as Julie has not decided whether she's going to New York...we usually hang out with Julie & co if they stay in Baltimore. If not, we have absolutely no plans, and this is the first year that Sam is expecting something! He really wants to stay up late and make noise at midnight.

Christmas Eve was pretty mellow. Sam and I just chilled most of the day while Hubby slept later than anyone else on the planet. Well actually I did a good amount of cleaning too. Then Sam and I went to Starbucks (Sam's favorite!) and then the Tot Lot, where he was coerced into playing with a girl!! named Katya, who was a rather delightful and mature 5 year old. Then we grocery shopped and came home and had a spaghetti & garlic toast dinner. Sam was in bed on the early side and then the wrapping commenced! I couldn't sleep that night--a combination of a late afternoon frappichino and a serious bout of restless leg/ankles...so I was up reading and snuggling with Cat Ike at 3 a.m.

The day prior ,Sam and I unexpectedly spent at the mall, to his delight. We had gone to the post office to mail some holiday packages and (finally) our cards, and I really needed to pick up some stuff at the mall, completely unrelated to xmas....ran out of makeup, the product I use on ym hair, etc....the mall was crazy, as to be expected. Sam & I got Hubby's stocking stuffers (lots o'candy) and had ice cream cones and played in Tiny Town and watched kids sit on Santa's lap. That boy sure loves the mall.

If you haven't seen a video called "Dick in a Box," I highly advise you to visit www.mamapop.com and do so! It's a riot.

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger jackie said...

we got our first magnetix this Xmas-- the girls are really liking them so far, but are also enthralled by the super-pink dollhouse I spent most of the weekend slaving over!

glad you all had a good holiday! congrats on the iPod!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)