Ginapea

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm back!

I didn't really go anywhere, just being lazy I guess.

Sam has been coming up with some random stuff lately. This weekend we had a long talk about jail. This is interesting because when I was small, I was rather obsessed with jail. I used to BEG my parents to drive by the old Ellicott City jail. So we talked about bail bonds (a flyer on our porch for one sparked the conversation) and jail outreach (I explained that Miss Kerry and Miss Angie go into the jails to help people get doctors when they get out). Sam suggested that perhaps the REAL reason for prison outreach is "maybe [the prisoners] want to show somebody where they live!" Like a decorating show where you redesign your cell??

Today Sam insisted that we teach him Japanese. Unfortunately we do not speak Japanese. He went to bed with the promise that perhaps our friend Misao could teach him some Japanese. My personal feeling is that this interest in some way relates to his budding love of anime (to which he was exposed on our trip to Cleveland last spring, courtesy of Cartoon Network in the hotel room).

Saturday we went to a birthday party for Sam's friend Zoe. It was a ballerina party. I tried to sell Sam on the idea of participating in the ballet class but was unsuccessful, so we came late with the rest of the boys. There was a moon bounce in the back yard, and Sam excitedly ran outside for it...but when he saw it he said "Oh no, it's full of girls." Apparently girls are not good, unless they are Zoe or Sophie or Lucy or Claire or Alden or Kathryn (the one girl in his class he acknowledges).

Sunday we had a long visit with Cole and Jasper and Alden. I thought Sam would never be able to be separated from Jasper. I think he is in love. I have now heard MANY TIMES that he wants to "see Jasper every day."

I can't stand it anymore, I have to check out the election results.

please please please please please
let the tides turn

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger cole edwards said...

The feeling of love is mutual!
xx Thanks for coming over. They all had a great time.

Anytime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)