Ginapea

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Notes & a challenge to you!

First up: general notes

Had another fun day with my boy...we went to visit Katie and Quinn, then all had lunch at the Double T with old friends Trish & Sheryl. Sam really took to Trish and uncharacteristically chatted her up, even choosing to stay with her while I went to pay the bill & Sheryl was in the restroom & Katie was changing Quinn's diaper. Quinn is a sweet sweet little one. Sam had a good time being the "big kid."

Then Sam & I went to Toys R Us for a new Leapster game, using Sam's xmas money from my grandmother...and they were on sale, buy one get one free! I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Sam. So now we have added Backyardigans and NASCAR (which is 2nd grade math!!) to our game collection.

The up side of all this rampant gaming is the boy is watching a lot less TV.

I still haven't made it to the gym...I really really want to get over the hump of returning to exercise this week...I always have a really hard time the first few days and then get in the swing. Hubby is extremely verbally supportive of this but what would help a whole lot more is him actually getting out of bed before noon....

And now... A Challenge to You, Dear Reader
Instead of New Year's Resolutions, create a "Top 10 Goals" list for the coming year--not quite so rigid and lets you widen your scope a bit....try it & share!!

Gina's Top Ten Goals for the 2007

1. Get back on a budget & pay off the credit cards
2. Exercise regularly & lose some weight
3. Recover my skating skills & try out for the roller derby
4. Do Operation Freefall
5. Spend more time with my grandmother
6. Resume work toward my conversion to Judaism
7. Once #1 is accomplished, save some money to take trips to visit my far flung friends, (perhaps
Eve & Richard in SF, Jen in Miami, Jenn's September wedding in Montana)
8. Learn some Spanish
9. Finish painting the damn house
10. Do more volunteer work

What would you like to accomplish this year??

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger jackie said...

My exercise problem is the opposite-- I start off with loads of good intentions, which slowly dribble away until I'm back to my regular slothitude.

I like your list of goals-- I've got a similar post percolating for my first blog-post of the New Year!

The double T on route 40? a classic UMBC hangout!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger jackie said...

also, you want to roller-derby even after reading about Stacey's broken leg?! you're a braver mama than I!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)