Ginapea

Sunday, April 20, 2008

for Larry

ashes and dust

you filter through
my fingers today into
the vast murky
blue below

i can remember
the sweatshirt you sent
from your New York show
i still have it, twenty
years later, i will never
throw it away

it's all i have
of you, that and pictures
of your panel and tabloids
after your death

i love that you always
spelled my name wrong
you didn't finish
school but i did
because you were
gone but not forgotten

my mother told me
she asked
you for that favor: watch
over my daughter

thank you

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger cole edwards said...

dearest sweet G.

I love that you are writing poetry on your bloggy thing. yea.

thank you for sharing. I always feel naked when I show people my poetry. totally great.

AND today, for the very first time ever, when I said, "HEY there Sam!" to him while I waited for the two J's he looked up at me and waved hello.

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)