Ginapea

Friday, December 07, 2007

All I can think about


Today I went to a funeral for a relative. Jean was in her 80s and had suffered from Alzheimer's for a number of years. I am close to her daughter Kitty, who is married to my youngest uncle. The services at the church and cemetary were simple and lovely. But I could not stop thinking about another funeral just a few weeks ago, for Gail, David, Meagan and Brandon.

Gail and her children were murdered on Thanksgiving by her ex-husband, the children's father. These kids watched their mother be killed by their dad, and then one by one he killed each child. Gail was family to one of my dear friends. My friend is heartbroken and stunned and shattered. I am so so sad-- for her, for Gail, for the children.

In memory of Gail and her children, please consider donating your time and/or money to the cause of preventing, stopping and healing from domestic violence. An agency in Baltimore that does great work is Turnaround, but there are many other excellent organizations. It is unfortunate that the need is so great.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger cole edwards said...

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)