Ginapea

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Adoption

Sam adopted a leaf today. As we walked to the farmer's market to pick up our CSA share, he found a leaf which found its way into my pocket. He then chattered about how he had adopted the leaf. We also have a stick collection. It was in the house but I successfully moved it to the front porch, under the guise that the sticks missed their outside friends.

Warren and I went to visit S. She was a bit loopy, how much from the crypto and how much from pain meds I'm not sure. She flashed Wa, intentionally, which shows on some level she is certainly her usual self. Wa gave her a brief mini-mental...she didn't know the day or the president (she's fortunate on that one) but could identify Wa as the most wonderful, talented person she's ever known. I also love that she told me her head hurt "a little," but when the nurse asked her to rate her pain on a scale from 1-10, she answered "10 and a half" without blinking. Still knows how to work it for the oxy.

We did make it to the pool even though it was cloudy. We had a good hour of swimming in between pool closures due to thunder. Another mom asked Sam if he had a good time swimming, and he said "Yes, and now I'm going to lie down on this nice chair," after which he stretched out on a chaise and covered up with a towel.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger cole edwards said...

ya know, when you click on my link...it goes to some MP3 site? That is cool, but a bit weird?

The rain is making me crazy and homicidal, the children cranky and disposable and my husband reclusive and annoyed.

AND...I have to memorize all the bones in the human body in like another 2 weeks.

I am too old and have too much other useless crap in my brain to FIT IN ANY MORE STUFF.sigh.

Hope Eric is better!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Laura said...

How funny, Gina; I, too, just joined the blogging world. Way cheaper than therapy, eh? Anyway, I hope you guys are having a great summer. And if you're not opposed to a bit o' cussin' (I have a touch of the pottymouth, I'm afraid), feel free to check out my blog at queenhyperbole.blogspot.com.

Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)